Sunday, June 03, 2007

Am sory, I tried ..

It was lying with its tongue swaying wild under the hot sun. Infact, the heat was just too much for it to even live that much. All it did was to momentarily lift its head n squeak for help. I was afraid to touch it first, coz it was astray - might be having any kinda disease. Or it could just bite in self-defence. But it was too much for me to just walk off like that.

Dear God, I lifted it and put it in a spot that was under shade. It was relatively cooler there. Dear God, I bought it food and water. I even lifted and put its mouth on the food. It couldn't eat. Dear God, I poured water all over it, I even made it drink some, but that's all it could muster to do. It swooned again. Dear God, I called the blue cross. They said the van is on its way, but the way never was made for the dog. Dear God, I stood there crying in the middle of the road, praying to you. Were you able to hear me? The dog was dying right in front of my eyes and all I could do was pray harder. By now, it wasnt even able to open its mouth to gasp for air. Its eyes had dilated and the limbs started becoming stiff. I was clutching it, massaging it, still praying. Were you able to hear? The blue cross was nowhere in sight yet. Its breathing came down, almost to nothing now. I couldnt stand there anymore to see it breathe its last. Dear God, I prayed one last time, this time for its soul to rest in peace. Were you able to hear? Without looking back, I walked away, leaving the poor dog to die in private. There is no use even if the bluecross arrives now, it is already on its way to you ..

Dear God, I was powerless. All I could do was cry and try. I did both ......

Tears,
Sravan

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

A touchy blog.You could have taken it to an Animal hospital instead of standing there crying and praying

1:57 AM  
Blogger sravan said...

thot of tat. but i wasnt sure if it was hit. i have no clue abt biological systems of a dog, someone sed it was hit and i was numb, ny move cud b fatal. it was twitching even as i moved it under d shade. cudn help it more ..

2:07 AM  
Blogger Anu said...

Oh man!!! i can see myself there. I have gone thru this countless number of times with the cats mine and stray ones. You pray and pray and when they leave you still pray that n believe that they have gone to a happier place! my University Cat(resident pest controller) died today! and ure post!!! shit!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Sh'shank said...

I am in awe of you.
you did something I am not sure if I could have done anything.
you did try and kudos at that.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did great Sravan!
Rest is all "Om Shantih Shantih Santih!"

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home