Tuesday, December 11, 2007

For you, a thousand times over ..

A response to 'For you, a thousand times over' (click here to read) by Prathiba. Inspired from 'Kite Runner' by Khaled Hosseini, this is my opinion of what Hassan would have said to Amir after the latter redeems his guilt.

Dark in these tunnels of endless abyss,
Fire around me burning my flesh,
I am tumbling down as my soul is wasted,
Leaving behind memories of childhood,
Brothers and sisters crying for peace,
No more colourful kites above our trees.


I protect you as I always did,
People who were fed from the same breast,
Played in greens peaceful and placid,
That do not exist anymore,
Replaced by faces cruel and fearest,
That brought blood and honour to floor.


My love was selfless, do not pay,
Sleep in peace for I am with the lord,
Let your heart not be heavy to weigh,
In my heart, you were never abhorred.


Only when offended, a sin is a sin ..
When they are led by the same light within,
There is no offence between kith and kin ..


Is this the absolution of a curse that was my birth?
Is this the exculpation of a guilt that was my death?
Tears well up in my eyes,
But this time for I am happy, And I see you smile ..
I shall forever hold your weight, and bend lower,
Yes! For you, a thousand times over ..

4 Comments:

Blogger KP said...

Great poem to portray Hassan's unconditional love and the state of the country.I really pray peace for them.

11:40 PM  
Blogger CVR said...

Your blog has been listed in the aggregator BLOGKUT.COM
:-)

2:26 PM  
Blogger sravan said...

o yea! thanks man :)

12:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wen ii read the book i had tears in my eyes uve done de same wid ur work ure as good as hosseni himself
really proud of u mams

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home